Broom House Farm Shop
We are open every day Monday to Sunday!
NEW SEASON LAMB NOW IN!
Broom House Farm Butchery & Farm Shop is part of an organic family run farm in the Browney Valley overlooking Durham City, just 6 miles to the west of the City Centre. We are open Mondays to Saturdays 8am-5pm and Sundays 10am-4.30pm.
We breed, rear and sell our own 100% pure Aberdeen Angus Beef, Lamb, Mutton and Rare Breed British Saddleback Pork and occasionally goat meat. All our beef and lamb is properly hung and prepared, with great attention to detail. This is the place to shop if you value the best flavoured beef, lamb and pork in County Durham - if not the UK!
EventsBroom House Farm attend Durham Farmers' market on the 3rd Thursday monthly, Durham Saturday market every week and Sedgefield Village Green Farmers' Market on the 1st Sunday monthly
SPECIAL OFFER - Half New Season lamb packed ready for your freezer £9.95/kg
We will have most products available everyday, although our fresh organic poultry is delivered on Thursday lunchtimes. Please do ring with any special orders and also if you would like to reserve some of our most popular cuts, such as fillet steak, lambs liver, brisket.... as we only sell our own meat we have a limited supply and can run out of various cuts from time to time depending on demand.
Broom House Farm Butchery offers free local delivery to the Durham areas on orders of £50 or over and we also offer nationwide next day delivery at a cost of £10.00-£15.00. Please contact us in the butchery on 0191 3718839 or email us at email@example.com and we will give you further details, advice and help with quantities and prices .
If you have any special orders please don't hesitate to call the Farm Butchery.
What you can expect from the Broom House Farm Butchery and Farm Shop...
- Well marbled traditional Aberdeen Angus beef hung for at least 21 days, enhancing taste and tenderness.
- The breeds we farm have been chosen for their eating qualities
- Rare breed Saddleback Pork has superb flavour & amazing crackling
- Lleyn sheep originate from North Wales, produce succulent lamb and are ideally suited to the organic system. Our mutton is tender and full of flavour.
- Animal health and welfare are priorities. Our farm is organic. Our farming policy encourages wildlife through conservation of hay meadows, ponds and hedgerows.
- We use local family-run abattoirs to minimise stress to the animals.
- Our own dry cured and smoked Saddleback bacon and gammon
- People travel miles to get their hands on our range of traditional pork, beef and lamb sausages. We use natural casings and the best meat for the scrummiest sausages
- Delicious free range organic chicken.......from the Nelles family at Thistleyhaugh Farm near Rothbury
- Eggs from our flock of healthy free ranging hens
- Local organic milk, cream and butter from Acorn Dairy
- Artisan bread from Lanchester
- Gluten Free Burgers and Sausage
- Our own chutneys, relishes and pickles
- A range of mustards, oils and sauces to add to your cooking
Feel like trying a new recipe? Come and ask our friendly knowlegable butchery staff for advice!
"Dear Mrs Gray I recently bought a pack of hot chilli beef sausages from your stand in Durham Market Square. I have to say these were the best sausages I have tasted in my 55 years"
"Hi Jane, the rolled sirloin joint we had at New Year was great - so we'd like to order another one for this weekend please"
"Hi Jane, I just wanted to let you know how impressed I was with the service this afternoon. The butcher who served me was polite and helpful and nothing was a bother, and he carried my shopping to the car! Small things like that make the difference, well done!"
"Great place for really good quality meat, food, seeing animals, coffee and a snack or brunch. The only place where I've ever been asked which part of a mutton shoulder we'd like. They have a very helpful knowledgeable butchers, you can see the meat being prepared, the best sausages that I've ever tasted, a really nice cafe and treat animals very well"